Thursday 31 May 2012






I went for a walk in Newlands forest yesterday (I still can't get over the fact that we have the ocean, mountains and forests around every corner here in Cape Town, talk about being blessed!!)
I'm so grateful for the lifestyle that I have. I live a life based on faith, trust and love. I believe in creating your own opportunities and work your butt off until it works for you. ..

Like capturing a child laughing or a moment that can't be replaced with another,while walking in the forest I was reminded of the beauty that surrounds us on a daily basis. I was present in every step i took, I knew that certain parts of the trail were slippery so I made sure that I avoided those parts so that I wouldn't fall . I made sure I stopped every so often to look up at the massive , most beautiful trees surrounding me, to take DEEP breaths and acknowledge how lucky I am to have this surrounding that God made and to have the lifestyle I have to enjoy these moments whenever I want.
My friend on the other hand was not having the best time. She works very hard, 11 hour days of work, with 2 days rest during the week. I dragged her out of her routine to come join me and the dogs on a trail walk that I knew she would love, and is something she does'nt do often enough. Although loving nature , the exercise and beauty that surrounded her, she fell twice, was very nervous that her shoes were going to get wet and dirty, she was quite uneasy about our safety (in a very well known trail walk) and very rarely lifted her head to take notice of what was around her , I realized right away that my dear friend was not present at all and at the end of our 3 hour adventure she stopped and looked up and said 'I'v been so focused on the looking on the ground as to where i am walking that I have mostly forgotten to look up and take notice of what is around us' .  Does that not sound familiar? You know the saying 'remember to stop and smell the roses' .... We as humans, are very rarely present.

Feeling refreshed and happy after my walk on my drive home I gave much thought to what I have in my life. The time I have on my hands whether it feels like a curse at times or the biggest blessing, has shown me life from a whole new bright beautiful perspective, because I chose a life full of creativity and wonder, I don't only keep my head down, focusing only on my next step to success, worrying about my 'financial safety' in the big bad world,  making sure each step I take is carefully thought out as to not shake the 'system' or rather the 'rat race' your choice. Instead , during my days that are never the same, days that are sometimes fully booked with photography work or dj gigs, days that I may spend only taking care of my home, husband and dogs', days where I may choose to only focus on exercise or eating healthy, or days where I decide to watch dvds' or see friends. I make SURE that I say THANK YOU for the time I have , for the hundredth time I have to vacuum after my dogs ,because without them I would be sad, I say thank you for the different aspects to our personalities that my husband and I have that sometimes may drive me dilly and most times make me laugh, because how awesome it is to have such an amazing man I call my husband, and I say thank you daily for the gift of life that is so fragile, that can be gone tomorrow, that can be waisted on worry, time restrictions, corrupt business conduct, and financial stress to keep up with the joneses. 

We need to remember WHY we are here. Choose your time wisely, create your own opportunities to work around what you love, and not the other way round. Live a simple life and enjoy every moment. Love everything around you including the thing that annoys you the most.

Iv been reminded lately by some friends that, God knows the desires of our hearts, and that His Will is perfect, and when we take the time to walk in a forest, swim in the ocean or walk up a mountain, we are reminded of how beautiful life is and that it is a gift from God for us to ENJOY!


Love to you all
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment